Contact Form


Nokia CEO Stephen Elop thinks that Apple’s iPhone is embarrassing. So much so that he threw Finnish talk show host Hjallis Harkimo’s iPhone to the ground on live TV.

Harkimo had Elop as a guest on his talk show Hjalliksen kanssa (which translates to With Hjallis) on Thursday. When the host brought up the rumored Nokia Lumia 928, asking when it would launch, Elop did as much as he could to avoid the question. At one point, Harkimo took out his iPhone. “Oh, how embarrassing!” Elop remarked.

“I don’t want to have an iPhone. I want to have a Nokia phone,” Harkimo said.

How did Elop solve that problem? He took the iPhone out of Harkimo’s hand and threw it off camera. You can hear the sickening sound of phone hitting the ground. “There, it’s gone,” Elop said laughing.

Harkimo, like any good TV host, remained unphased. And he followed the incident with praises for the CEO. “I want to have a Nokia phone because I believe in you and I believe in Nokia. But I want to have that Lumia 928. So when do I get it?” he asked.

Elop still wouldn’t answer. But he promised Harkimo that he would change his iPhone into a Nokia phone. Good thing too, because it’s probably cracked now.



Data source: via wired (BY ALEXANDRA CHANG)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post